1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We, or our service providers on our behalf, may collect the following information about you or your use of the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Services:
Information You Provide to Us
- Contact and registration information: such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, and password.
- Information about you or your friends and family: such as demographic or biographical information, gender, interests, photos, videos, or any other information about you that you provide to us, including information about friends, contacts or referrals.
- Transaction information: payment information such as your credit/debit card details, purchase history, delivery address and other information related to your transaction.
- Competition, sweepstakes and survey information: any information provided when entering competitions, prize draws and sweepstakes we, or a third party on our behalf, may run. We may carry out surveys and panel discussions, which may request that you voluntarily provide additional information.
- Customer care, technical support and other feedback: questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms and social media platforms. If you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation and/or keep a summary of the call.
- Other information you provide: any other information that you provide to us including, posts, date of birth, content, photos, booking times or biometric identifiers such as facial scans or fingerprints.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, platform type, gaming platform, device types, and device IDs such as unique identifiers, advertising identifiers, or gaming platform identifiers.
- Usage Information: including files you download, domain names, landing pages, your browsing activity, what you click, scrolling and keystroke activity, pages viewed, advertising viewed or visited, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email and your interaction with the content, access times, and error logs, and other similar information.
- Location Information: including the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address, information derived through WiFi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices or from your use of our Mobile Apps, and with your consent, your precise GPS information.
- Viewing Behavior: including the content you view, how long you watch each video, the quality of the service you receive (e.g. buffering, load times) as well as advertisements you have been shown or interacted with.
- Offline Information. Certain information may also be stored while you are offline and transmitted to us when you next connect to the Internet, regardless of where you connect from or the device you use to connect.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties, partners or our service providers such as:
- Public Information: from publicly and commercially available online or offline sources, as permitted by law including demographic information, purchasing data, membership in loyalty programs or information about advertisements you have seen or acted upon, including your interaction with advertisers’ products and services.
- Social Media Information: if you visit the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Services on a device on which you also use social networks or if you interact with us through a social media service or other platform, we may have access to some information you provide to that social network or platform such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, and the people/sites you follow.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway service you use, we, or our service providers, may use your information to:
Provide the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Service including
- responding to your requests or inquiries;
- providing technical support;
- sending you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- displaying certain content, such as content you upload and make available;
- generating suggestions on the type of video you might enjoy;
- understanding how you use the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway services so we can improve them;
- processing your entries into sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
Personalize your experience including
- providing you with advertising based on your activities and interests;
- creating and updating audience segments that can be used for targeted advertising and marketing on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway services, television, third party services and platforms, mobile apps and/or websites, and offline;
- creating profiles about you, including adding information we obtain from third parties, which may be used for analytics, marketing and advertising;
- sending you newsletters, surveys and information about products, services and promotions offered by Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, our partners, and other organizations with which we work.
Recognize your devices and associate the information with your profile including
- using data collected or received from Palm Springs Aerial Tramway affiliates, service providers, advertisers, and other third parties, such as your device information, to match mobile advertising and cookie identifiers;
- matching your devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or web browsers or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user or household;
- using this information to match your interests across devices, as well as for analytics, ad serving or reporting, or to improve the services;
- identifying you or your device or associated information with you, your device, or your profile whenever you visit the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway service, even if you do so when logged out or without intentionally identifying yourself.
Provide Services for our attraction
- such as ticketing and payment services, mapping guidance, offers, and ride.
Prevent fraud and defend our legal rights
- protecting the safety of our users and others;
- enforcing our terms of service;
- preventing fraud or any other potentially illegal activities.
We may combine all the information we collect from or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- Related Companies: Palm Springs Aerial Tramway affiliates, to help better tailor services, products, marketing, and advertising to you.
- Service providers that perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: including research and analytics, website hosting, transaction fulfillment, payment, processing database maintenance, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, fraud prevention, technology services and platforms, identity management and acquisition and conversion services.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties: information about how you use the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway services and interact with content to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising on our service or on third party platforms. These third parties may use their own tracking technologies/cookies to collect or request information about you including through surveys. See our Cookies and Tracking Technologies Policy for information.
- Hashed/Masked Information. We may share information about you along with a hashed or masked identifier, with third parties so they may better personalize your experience with them and the offers they send you.
- Other Users and Search Engines: depending on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway service, you may provide certain information including your name, photo, and other information to create an account (“Account Profile”). Some information in your Account Profile may be available publicly to other members of that service, or the general public, and may be searchable by search engines. When we display your user submissions, they will be identified by information in your Account Profile. We may distribute user submissions to third parties, and if we do, we may include any information in your Account Profile or submissions.
- Research and Measurement Companies: we share information about content you view on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway services with video measurement services, as well as other analytics providers.
- Law Enforcement Agencies, Regulators, Content Protection Organizations, Anti-fraud Coalitions and other groups to:
- protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of Palm Springs Aerial Tramway affiliates, our employees, agents, contractors, or other individuals;
- protect the safety and security of visitors to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway services or other properties;
- protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- enforce applicable terms of service.
Video Viewing Behavior
With your appropriate consent, and consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytic partners, and social media sites.
Sale or Transfer of all or Part of our Business or Assets
- Most of the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway services are intended for users of all ages. Information about Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Services directed to children under the age of 13 or where we have actual knowledge a child is under the age of 13 is listed below. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Minors Under 18
Minors under 18 years old, or their parents, may request the removal of information that they posted to Palm Springs Aerial Tramway sites by contacting email@example.com. Upon such request, Palm Springs Aerial Tramway will anonymize, or remove any content posted by a minor, unless required by law to retain such content or information.
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters or promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Access, Correction and Deletion
Depending on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway service you use you may be able to access and correct certain information through the features provided by the service. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to your information. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Online Services
6. WHERE YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is headquartered in the United States and may from time to time transfer your information to other countries and make it accessible to other Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Affiliates and service providers and advertisers regardless of where they are located. We will take steps to ensure that your information receives an appropriate level of protection.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical, and physical safeguards for the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide via the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway services. These safeguards vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information we collect and store. Please be aware that no security solutions are infallible.
8. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
If you are a resident of California, you can request a list of all the third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California residents may contact us at Greg Purdy, Vice President of Marketing & Public Affairs, 1 Tram Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262. Include the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. We will not accept requests by telephone, email, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.